Tuesday 3 November 2015

October Gardens at Charlecote Park


With all the lovely Autumn colours around it's so easy to forget the gardens but don't as you will miss out on so much. This time of year, you will see some of the most colorful, brightest and perfect flowers appear.
                                                         

I have to admit that at this time of year, I do need to remind myself to walk through the gardens at Charlecote as I am normally out and about in the park, either watching the deer during the rutting season or waiting for the sunlight to hit the Autumn colours in the right place! I am so pleased I do remind myself though, as they always look beautiful and so colourful.


The Tea garden always looks very beautiful throughout September and October, as it does the rest of the year but I have to admit my favourite time for this garden has to be early Autumn. There are so many vibrant colours and it is such a beautiful garden to relax in and let time drift away.






I am going to let the photos do the talking for me even though the photos will never show you the true beauty of these flowers. As for the the smell. Oh, if only I could do a scratch and sniff on my blog!



The Croquet Lawn.



Cosmos




There is always so much to find around the Croquet Lawn. Every time I walk around it I spot something new.













The view from the Parterre towards the Gatehouse.


And towards the Orangery. It really does look like Autumn now.


The same tree in early Summer, all pink with blossom (The Judas Tree).



The Parterre has had lots of work done on it over the last couple of weeks. Summer bedding has been removed and the soil has been prepared for the Winter Bedding.


This was a smelly day if you stood down wind as it was fertiliser they were putting down!




Even the Volunteers that have been at Charlecote for many years, still stand back and take in the ever changing views . They truly are beautiful at this time of year with all the Autumn colours coming through. From the Parterre you can see the deer and the cattle quite easily........most of the time.


The plants in the Nursery waiting to be planted in the Parterre.


A few days later. All planted up.



On the lower part of the Parterre closer to the River you will see these beautiful flowers which always look so perfect.


The Long Border.


I see so many gardens almost give up at this time of years but Charlecote still has plenty to see in it.


Look at all the colours so late in the year. Beautiful!


I love the Black-Eyed Susan, It is such a perfect plant for any border and seems to last for a very long time.





The Woodland Garden always looks good and when the flowers start to fade, the leaves start to change and more colour is added to every corner.








What a difference a week makes on the same plant.



 There is so much more that I haven't covered in this blog but you will just have to visit for yourself to see :) Hope you enjoyed the photos. Thank you for reading my blog.

                                                    Copyright Jana Eastwood


No comments:

Post a Comment